Sunday, October 30, 2022

Greenburgh Insider: Black bear seen on Ardsley Road, near Sprain Rd last night.

 


Tell your children who are going out for Halloween to be careful. A bear was seen in Orchard Hill two nights ago.

Last night a black bear was seen near Sprain Road/Ardsley Road. Two nights ago a bear was seen in Orchard Hill (Orchard Hill is located near Knollwood Road/Dobbs Ferry Road). Bears move around. A community leader sent me the following e mail. I deleted his address. I am also posting a video presentation from the NYS DEC two years ago - regarding state policy dealing with bears. The NYS DEC does not remove black bears unless they are deemed to be dangerous. I googled what to do if you see a black bear. These are some tips from New Jersey. https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/bear/bearfacts_safetytips.pdf


Bears move around. So the bear could move to another section of town in the coming days.  Posting this info because many children will be out today and tomorrow for Halloween.  PAUL FEINER

I am sure you know I live.   ___Ardsley Road. (near Sprain Road)

Last night when I went out to start my grill at dust 6:10 I had a large black bear attacking my town grey garbage can that is bungee cord locked. He managed to get it loose and was taking a garbage bag.

I got a pot wooden spoon banged it a scream at him/her/it. Finally dropped bag took off around my garage and headed south toward Ardsley Road And Sprain Pkwy on the Con-Ed right of way.

There are allot of home in OUR area with above average open space between home to hide   People need to be careful the next few night to make sure it moves on
Especially Monday Halloween

Could you post on GB and Next Door you have a much larger following than I do.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snEAvB21u9g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greenburgh Insider: Bicycle Sundays tomorrow--celebrating our 50th year.

One of my proudest accomplishments was proposing to the county that they close the Bronx River Parkway for cyclists in 1974. Celebrating our...